Sunday 13 March 2011

Valantines Day Card

Well, i'm a couple of weeks late sharing this, but as I was blogless at the time, I hope you will forgive me. This was my DH's card on Valentines Day. I've been playing around with my Craft Robo again lately since Craft Robo have merged with Silhouette. Thought I'd try the new software, must admit I'm really liking it, however the download section is fatal. I just had to have the owls when I saw them on there, and then had to think of some way of using them. I cut the owls out of some papermania pearlised cardstock. I used three different shades of card stock for the different sections of owls. I then used a cotton bud to add distress inks to the edges of all the little shapes, ( This was a bit annoying and time consuming, but it does make a difference to the owls shape) Then layered them up with some silicone glue. The "Love Birds heart" was also cut on Robo, then again layered with some more card and patterned paper. I added some wire to the back of two of the owls as I wanted them to move a bit. overall I'm quite pleased with the result, you've got to be in a patient mood to have a go as it is a little
awkward. Hope you like !

9 comments:

  1. oooo I love your card, owls are just so sweet. Great shape to the card too and fab sewing on there x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just gorgeous.Love the owls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, that's lovely. The owls are gorgeous :)Thanks for commenting on my blog :D
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God! This card is a-ma-zing!!! so mutch detail! I am blown away! I don't think I have ever seen a card with so mutch details! It must have taken you ages to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just amazing! Love the textured cardstock it is really effective. I wish someone would send me a card like that!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Ren! Your card is beautiful. I love the colour combo and all of the details. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, love the birds on the wire

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic original card...love it! Karen

    ReplyDelete