Sunday 22 April 2012

Sewing Tag

Continuing from having followed the Creative Chemistry course, I thought it was more than time to make use of some of the techniques that I have been shown. I don't own all the ranger products used in the course, but to be honest, I think i prefer at this point to play with what I do have, and see how the results vary. I quite like the paint resist technique, where you stamp with paint and then layer inks over the top. I have quite a few sewing style stamps, which I have been collecting, but thought it was about time I used some this week. I'm still loving my crackle paint as well at the moment, so a little bit of that did sneak in as well! Thanks for looking :)

Ok to start, I stamped one of my very favorite "La Blanche" stamps with some Snow Cap, Adirondack paint.

Added some distress inks- Think this was Festive Berries

More ink, - Dusty Concord

polished the surface to remove any ink that was sitting on the paint.

Added some distress crackle paint to the surface in some areas, Ive used tattered rose, and old paper

I Let the paint do its stuff, then I brushed over some Moon Glow, Glitz Spritz, in Medieval Gold. This is a spray, but I didn't want it going everywhere, so I dipped a brush in the bottle and applied it by brush instead of the spray for more control. I only added it to the areas with paint.


Started to build up the design a little now, added a Anna Griffin sewing machine stamp with Archival ink, and started to layer some bits of ribbon and lace.

Added Rosette die, made from some bits of scrap paper., Ive sprayed this with the same, Moonglow spary, as it was looking a bit clean for me :)


Yay, the finished tag! I'm quite happy with the end result, think I would like the images to have more colour if I work this way again, so may stamp them separately in the future and cut them out to layer over the top. The little quote stamp is from a Creative Expressions Vintage sewing set.

Close up




Thanks for looking :)

6 comments:

  1. Really interesting to see your process with these techniques and your lovely tag - the change once you polished the paint is quite striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant walk through your technique and the finished tag is wonderful. love that sewing machine stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag and really interesting to see how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Great to see the step by steps too . x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful tag, great technique thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag. Love the colours.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete