Tuesday 12 April 2011

Wedding Anniversary Card made with Utee.

Well, I thought I'd share how I made this card as well as showing the finished piece, hopefully it might be of use to someone. I made this for my husband, as it's our Wedding Anniversary today, Five years ago at 3pm. Not sure how he puts up with me, but thanks love if you are reading this :-).  

 I started using a large darkroom door background stamp, stamped onto plain red cardstock using Memento black ink.
 Added some red mulberry paper and a piece of lace. (I also lightly blended the lace with fired brick distress ink)
Making the embellishments.
I have used some Elusive stamps, (Although they have ceased trading some stores do still have these)
 Warmed up my Melting pot, and added the following Utee. Started with a good base of clear, added gold and waited till both were melted and then stirred. Then added my favourite embossing powders, "Cosmic Shimmers" Lilac Black and Lava Black. They have a lovely depth to the colour and look beautiful with the gold.   
 Using one of the stamps inked in a gold versamark, and some cookie cutters which will fit the stamp, carefully pour in the melted utee. You do need to be careful not to put in too much otherwise the heart will be too thick for the card.
 Wait to cool, add then you can remove the cutter and hopefully have no leaks :)
 You should have an impression from the stamp on your utee tile.

I have used some mica powders brushed over the versamark gold on the utee, to add an extra depth to the colour. I then polish the raised sections to see the original utee colour, hopefully you can see the colour difference. I made a selection of hearts in different sizes for this card.
 Then it's just a matter to finish the card, I made a small plastic file tab and stamped happy Anniversary. (Stamp is a personal Impressions -Paula Pascual one) and then put the different utee pieces in place together.



Hope you like,
Wendyx

8 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous, love the UTEE heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Stunning !! I LOVE your Hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the effect of the utee in the molds. Fab card and Happy Anniversary.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah Thanks, I've had some lovely flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant tutorial - given me some great ideas when I get some time (when) !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love all the melt art on it....must get my pot out again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing its given me a few ideas.
    diane x

    ReplyDelete