Saturday 12 March 2011

Birthday Card


Sharing a birthday card I made for my Nan with you today. My favorite La Blanche background stamp gets more use again, it's just so versatile, can't stop myself using it :-) The main decorations are free hand machine embroidered onto a couple of layers of organza, then cut out using my soldiering iron. It does rather stink when you are cutting out with it, but it does a really good job of stopping the fabric from fraying.  Also used a couple of grey board squares to mount the butterflies on, which have been covered with some patterned papers. Just some lace trim to finish, Lovin lace trim as well at the moment. Still debating trying to make some lace myself, more research needed before I try that though!
Wx

3 comments:

  1. Oooh....so pretty. Such a special card :)
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, love the delicate butterfly and dragonfly, a very special card indeed!

    ReplyDelete