Thursday 12 April 2012

Anniversary Card

Well, Ive been married for 6 years today, and so today's post shows the card I made my other half.   As I've been working on the Tim Holtz class, it has kind of gone a little distressed, but overall I do really quite like it :D I did want to attach some acetate hearts I've also got, but all the glues I had, showed though( Any advice about best way to stick these would go down well!)I didn't want brads or other stuff on them so was rather stuck, they are back in the drawer again now!, never to be used! Hope you like, WendyX
 I started with a selection of heart shaped chipboard shapes, some had a patterned finish, so I've gessoed them to get a more matt finish.

I then applied a thick layer of Distress Rock Candy Crackle Paint. leave them to Crackle, mine took about an hour or so.

They formed a great crackled surface

The card base, I bought a range of clear A5 scrapbook albums ages ago, but ive never used them, so I though I make a clear card from two of the pages. This is the back page, which Ive used a piece of K&C stickyback paper onto (From the "Handmade" Adhestive pad) Added a little distress around the edge, and stuck it on!

This will become the front, and all the hearts will be stuck to.

Now the hearts are crackled, ive added some Moon shadow Ink ( Mystic Malachite) Ive had this ink ages and it is just soo beautiful when dry, its has a lot of mica in it. So I know it looks horrid now, but it's beautiful when dry.

I also crackled a couple of hearts that were already a printed red. This is them in the process of being inked.

This is the large white heart when dry from the ink- no longer white, I have also added a bit of red distress ink around the edge, just to remove the last traces of the white base.

The red hearts, when dry from the ink.

The ink does really loosen the crackle so, to protect it I coated all the hearts with a layer of Glossy Accents.

The final card when placed together, Just needs a bit of ribbon to tie the pieces together so they open like a card. Added a little true Love printout from my recently received MCS Cd. Also used my punches to make a little lacey trim, and used some real lace.

Close up details





The inside section as finished.
Hope you like, :)

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous & happy anniversary :D
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary and fantastic piece of work ,thanks for sharing this technique I must have a go out its brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum that is gorgeous....love all that crackling and happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous, I love the crackling

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! What a fabulous idea - and that Moon Shadow ink is amazing! *adds to shopping list* :lol:

    Happy anniversary - am sure your DH loved his card. :)

    P.S. D'you know you've got word verification turned on? It can make it difficult for people to comment at times. I didn't even know I had it turned on on my blog until someone commented to tell me - turns out Blogger turned it on by default in the last update!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your nice comments :) DH did like his card, although did moan its not easy to stand it up!!
    Thanks Ali, I didn't realise verification was on, i've (Hopefully) turned it off. The ink is great, although I have had it an age, so i'm i've no idea whether it is stil availble, hope so, as I will want more when its finished with, Thanks Again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. like it? I LoVe it! Those crackled hearts are STuNNiNG! And such beautiful colours.
    Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete