Saturday 26 March 2011

Morris Minor Card



I made this card for my dad, got to be honest and say this isn't my usual style, but Dads mad about Morris Minors as he had one in his youth, so I thought I'd give it a go. I struggled to find a stamp or anything I liked, so after much searching decided to use my Craft Robo, and design my own image. Found a few photos of Moggys online and developed them into a cut able image in Robomaster and Paint Shop Pro. Can't honestly say I enjoyed the messing about with the image, as it took quite a while to get it to the point were I was happy with it, but over all I was pleased with it in the end. I cut the image three times in textured brown card, and backed them onto gold mirror card. Spent quite a while adding brown inks to the surface of the mirror card to give a "rusty" looking surface. I backed the three images on some vintage looking mirror board and then onto the card. Got there in the end , Thanks For looking, Wx

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card, your dad will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, sure your dad will love it and it will be worth the work put into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely and perfect for the recipient

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly worth all your effort - looks great.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, clever designing them yourself x

    ReplyDelete