Wednesday 30 March 2011

Jewellery Making

Well this is a bit of a blast from the blast, this project was part of a Uks swap ages ago, but I came across the photos, so thought I'd share them. We had to produce two pieces of jewellery using some patterned paper. These were the pieces I made, I've really no idea who even got these in the swap, hopefully they liked them. They are both using little hardboard/paper pieces, not sure what they are called, the surface is shiny and white (Perhaps some one can advise?) The larger shape is just a little bigger than a domino and they come with the smaller half sizes as well. I covered both using a purple spotty paper and then used a ink pad to add a darker tone to the edge, Think I also painted the sides of the chips in purple with some acrylic paint. I've then layered some rectangles of gold and patterned papers on the surface, and then used a small corner scroll stamp to add the patterns to the corners. On one of the chips I used three tiny plastic coloured tiles and  layered a small piece of coloured card on top of each and then covered with Glossy Accents then arranged then in a little row. Joined the two pieces together with some twisted wire, and added a eyelet to finish. On the other tile I made three flowers on my sewing machine, just by using my free Machine Embroidery foot, and "colouring in" the flower shapes with some lilac and purple thread.  joined them with same wire, but added the extra wire around the piece. hope you like, Wx
 




3 comments:

  1. These look great. I've been thinking about jewellery from paper too, to try to use up my mountain of paper scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love the square jewels.

    ReplyDelete